Monday, May 17, 2021

Beyond Boundaries (Mel Bradley and Imelda Connolly from Ireland)

From Ireland - there are 2 participants, members of the Surface Design Association showing their work:

in Baarle Nassau at High Five Art Gallery https://www.highfiveart.nl 
you can see the work from Mel Bradley


Hand-painted with fiber reactive dyes, discharge and overpainted

Silk/viscose velvet 

My work is influenced by Japanese simplicity and the natural world which surround me.

I love drawing and painting circles. They give me a feeling of warmth and comfort, I feel safe within my circle.

A circle is a line which is infinite. A circle is a line in harmony. A circle is a line with limitless possibilities. A circle has no boundaries.

“Without our ecology we would cease to exist. All of my work is directly influenced by the natural world that surrounds me.  Every day I walk the beach and watch the sun rise, enjoy observing the birds feed, feel the energy of the sea and hear the shells crunch beneath my feet”.

in Leiden at Galerie Zone https://www.galeriezone.nl you will find the work from Imelda Connolly

The Cove
34x50cm

Fabric Collage with handstitching
recycled fabrics, wadding, cotton
threads, embroidery threads and
fabric paints.

I am a textile landscape artist whose work explores the borders between land, water, marshes, mountains and sky. I live in a marshland area in Ireland known as the Bog of Allan. The unique combination of plants, colours, textures and shapes found within this landscape and the surrounding mountains and rivers of Ireland are inspirational sources for my work. I use mixed media techniques including recycled fabrics and hand stitching to create these textural and 3D landscapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment