Sunday, May 23, 2021

Beyond Boundaries (NL)

Helda Klouth, not only SDA member but also co-owner of High Five Art shows her work at the gallery in Baarle Nassau https://www.highfiveart.nl 


Migrants: always, everywhere 

Helda Klouth
Netherlands

Shibori on silk, paper, encaustic wax, glass

 

I made this work of art realizing that we too are part of a stream of people who have left their native soil and their family since time immemorial, to settle elsewhere.

Often because it had become unlivable at home. often out of necessity and involuntary. Sometimes out of probability and impatience because the adventure of the great unknown beckons. It  is in the nature of humans to reach beyond the boundaries of existence.

One steps into wrecked boats on their way to foreign shores towards an uncertain future

where one must conquer one’s right to exist.

Yet they dare to follow in the millions of footsteps of their predecessors. 

My main purpose is making art mainly in textiles

Started as a weaver/ dyer, my focus changed during the years onto woodblock -and screen printing and reservation techniques like shibori and batik. 

Now I work with fabrics, which I process with various techniques such as screen and

block printing, monotypes, collages and bindings and coverings in several ways like shibori

and encaustic wax and marbling.

These fabrics and my digitally edited photos are the basis of my palette.. 

My inspiration sources I find in nature, landscape and reflections in water and weather.

In general I am fascinated by structures.

Of course there are some subjects in my art which I have used repeatedly. Most it is about reflections and structures, but some are also  concerning world issues like war,  disasters and setbacks, use and abuse of human and natural resources.





No comments:

Post a Comment