Sunday, May 23, 2021

Beyond Boundaries (France)

Elinor Sigler, 

showing her work in Baarle Nassau at High Five Art.


Joubarbe (Houseleek)

 

Elinor Sigler

France

 

Free motion quilting

Cotton, stamped, screen-printed, dyed,

 



The Queyras Regional Nature Park in the French southern Alps presents a treasure trove of flora and fauna.
In the
90s I took numerous photographs of wild flowers there, and I am now working on a series of Alpine Flowers, incorporating these into my quilts.

The photos have been scanned, digitally altered, and then printed on fabric by an internet design and printing site. Joubarbe and Edelweiss are the fourth and fifth in the series.

The fabrics I use in my quilts are almost always hand-dyed, hand-painted or printed with my photos; my quilts are usually drawn from images of organic materials.

Embellishing using thermofax screens made specifically for the quilt is a new technique for me, but I plan to incorporate it into my future work.

https://elinorsigler.com

https://www.highfiveart.nl 


No comments:

Post a Comment