Sunday, May 23, 2021

Beyond Boundaries (Germany)

Monia Haeussler:
her work can be seen in Leiden, at Galerie Zone


Steps

Monika Haeussler-Goeschl
Germany

Inspired by the poem ‘Steps’ by Hermann Hesse.

‘…the world of spirit wishes not to fetter us
but raise us higher, step by step.‘




I used digital machine knitting combined with hand dyeing with a natural dye (weld) to combine old and new techniques.


After I worked many years in the textile industry as a garment technician and patter cutter I had the opportunity to study textiles in the UK. During my BA study I specialized in knit and continued for my MA at the Royal College of Art, London, which I finished in 2017.

Since then and back in Germany I am working as a textile artist.

Artist statement 

Generally I enjoy working with different techniques, which I try to apply in a new way. For this exhibition I chose knitted objects, which are knitted by hand, machine and digital knitting machine.

I like to combine traditional with temporary techniques to create a modern design. I love the making process, and often I am inspired by materials and their capacities.

My work tends to go 3 dimensional and I try to achieve volume and shape through technique and material.

Working and creating with my hands is important for me. And I believe that making something with our hands is generally important for humanity, especially in our digital times.


detail of her work.

mhg-creative-textile.com

https://www.galeriezone.nl


No comments:

Post a Comment