Friday, May 14, 2021

ARTWORK BEYOND BOUNDARIES (NL)

As from today I am going to introduce and show the selected artworks in separate blog posts.
Nothing beats to see the work in person, so we encourage you to come and visit if possible.

All texts are courtesy of Helda Klouth (High Five Art) www.highfiveart.nl 

I start with Paulien van Asperen

Accidental skylines

Paulien van Asperen

The Netherlands

Double weave on six blocks of five shafts 
Linen, wool

Weaving gives me the opportunity to transform ideas, visual elements from the world around me and inspiration from art into actual woven fabric. Weaving, in my opinion, includes designing, converting the designs into technical weaving patterns and choosing the materials, textures and colours to achieve the effect that I want.

What really fascinates me are repetitive abstract elements that create movement and depth or even be optically misleading to the eye. To arrange these elements in colour and texture and shifting but repetitive patterns I find very exciting.

more information regarding Paulien can be found here

https://paulienvanasperen.nl 

No comments:

Post a Comment