Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Surface Design Conference:

Well, next week Thursday June 6, this conference starts in (hopefully) sunny San Antonio (USA).
Sadly to say only very few international (oversea) members signed up (9 in total) which I feel is very disappointing. What to say... I myself am flying next Monday via Houston to San Antonio arriving late afternoon. On wednesday I am taking the fiber tour, visiting 2 musea and Jane Dunnewold's studio. We will be treated to some couleur locale during lunch..click on the following link to see where we are going..http://www.augiesbs.com/index.asp.     

The conference days will be filled with meetings, visiting exhibitions (my favourite part), a trunkshow and a vendors' market, but also demonstrations and lectures. I am really looking forward to be part of this.

After the conference I am taking a 2-day E-textiles workshop with Lynne Bruning. This is very exciting as well. A good idea maybe to invite Lynne to come to Tilburg and teach the same overhere.

I will try to post images and reports while attending, but also on my facebook page.
So pls keep an eye out for more news!



 

1 comment: